You might see weeds, but I see wild flowers

Thursday, 31 March 2016

A day on the Orme




That's the Great Orme; and it is great. Despite it usually being a bit windy,




 (even the trees grow with the wind)



it has a wealth of wildlife through the year.


This visit I was hoping to find my first Wheatears of the year, after the recent storms, and I wasn't disappointed.






Distant, but I saw about a dozen. They'll soon be a bit more settled and allow closer views like this one that I took last year.







There was a large flock of Linnets around the area known as the Limestone Pavement





and of course, plenty of Meadow Pipits.







Another bird that can be found in good numbers over pretty much of the Orme, are Stonechats.







From the coastal road, looking over the cliffs, there's usually plenty of seabirds to see. Not always easy to get good close ups though.




A very distant Kittiwake 










Razorbills and Guillemots










and a distant Shag.





Yes, the Great Orme really is great, whatever time of the year you visit.





No comments:

Post a Comment