You might see weeds, but I see wild flowers

Sunday, 27 November 2016

Anniversary plus 3



Three days ago it would have been the one year anniversary of this blog; hence the title.


I've never been good at remembering dates and anniversary's; even when I was married many years ago.
I seem to be worse now, that I'm not in full health ............... and older.


My mum is not in full health at the moment, although her condition is different to mine.
She's suffering from Lewy Bodies Dementia, and has severe degenerative arthritis in her back.
This picture of us was taken the day before her 87th birthday.





At the moment she is in hospital, and hopefully will be out next week. The sad thing is she will probably be going into a care home very soon. Day to day life is increasingly becoming a massive challenge. Even eating with a knife and fork is hard for her now. She has trouble holding them, and her food has to be cut up for her, like you would a child. She see's people who aren't there, forgets things, and can't do the simplest of tasks. Cooking ended a long time ago. 
Her finances have to be done for her, she just doesn't understand it now.
Often she says she can't understand why these things are happening. We do what we can, and have to do the simplest of things for her.
It is not living.
If Whisky was in a similar situation, because I love him I would end his distress and misery.
I love my mum, but in this country, I can't do the same for her.
It is so VERY wrong.



I doubt I will ever get to that stage,



On a brighter note, I recently had a picture of Whisky done as a canvas print.




Happier times when we were in north Wales.




2 comments:

  1. What a terrible disease, I can understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is Bob. It gradually destroys a person and those around them.

    ReplyDelete