You might see weeds, but I see wild flowers

Thursday, 16 March 2017

Out and about



Managed to get out on a couple of days in-between the windy and rainy days, here in north Wales. A place I always like to visit when I'm here is Loggerheads Country Park.






Had a bit of storm damage.






Grey Wagtail at Loggerheads






On a visit to RSPB Conwy, I found a very obliging Meadow Pipit.









The usual gang of Wigeon, at this time of the year,






and plenty of displaying Red Breasted Mergansers.









An outing to Rhos-on-sea one morning in search of Purple Sandpipers didn't disappoint.




I only found two though, with a group of Turnstones.








A quick trip along the coast to Gronant sand dunes, and a nice find there.





Two Snow Buntings foraging amongst the dunes.







My first Chiffchaff of the year.



He was at RSPB Ynyis-hir.






The view from one of the hides that looks out to the Dyfi estuary.


I'll finish with the three new additions here, where I stay.

Along with the dogs, the chickens, the goose, the horses, and the sheep in the field, we now have some cows.







Have a good day.






No comments:

Post a Comment